Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am more thankful than ever for everyone and everything in my life. Grandma passed away early this morning and I am so thankful for every day that I got to spend with her. I'm also thankful for her sense off humor and dislike of turkey to that I could actually chuckle that she waited for thanksgiving. In celebration of her, we will be eating ham today ;) This is also our first thanksgiving without grandma Judy - I will forever be thankful for her not being here to make deviled eggs ;)
I am extremely thankful to have such a wonderful husband that was there for me this morning and every other day. He is a great husband and an awesome daddy. I'm thankful for my doodle bug who keeps me smiling and grounded every day. She makes me really appreciate the little things. I'm thankful for all of my family and the bond that we all have. I'm thankful for my friends and all the support they give me. I'm thankful for my home, my car, and my house cleaner..... I'm thankful that my master's classes are over in June! I'm thankful for Black Friday sales and to have friends who understand my love of the madness! I am thankful for a classroom full of 25 little people excited to learn every day. I'm thankful for everyone that I work with - they make the day a little more intersting. I am thankful for my new kitchen-aid that made an awesome cake and icing this morning. I'm thankful for my faith in Christ because with him, I can do anything. I am thankful for Ohio State football and the enjoyment it brings to our entire family. I'm also thankful for the stinky brownies and yes, even for the bengals - just because of the converstions that we have with Zoe. I am thankful for puzzles because they provide some excellent family time with Punky. I am thankful for having shelter over my head, electricity, running water, and food to eat and the ability to provide this to many other people. Actually, I really just think that I am thankful for everything!
Love you all and happy turkey day.
Rest in peace grandma Dorothy and grandma Judy.....you are forever missed!

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful! Loved reading it :) We both have so much to be thankful for. And maybe someday, we'll be in-laws thanks to the love Zoe has for Gabin.

    ReplyDelete