Friday, June 17, 2011

Failed!

I have 100% failed at blogging this year! I feel like I haven't had time to breathe since February.  Just one thing after another after another and when I would finally sit down around 8:30 every night to nurse Jack, I would end up falling asleep myself.
It has been so long since I've been on here that I can't even remember the last thing I blogged about! Not sure if I ever blogged about my class this year, but boy, were they rough! Individually, I could find something to love about each of them, but as a whole, they were a terrible combination of kids! Overall, the girls were great.  A few of them were a little quirky, a few others could really get under my skin, and yet a few others just plum drove me nuts! The boys on the other hand were a completely different story! I began each day with the "today is a new day" attitude and by 3:00 I felt just the way I had at 3:00 the day before.  I spent most of the year feeling like a failure.  Feeling like I was failing at teaching them the needed academics.  Feeling like I was failing at teaching them proper behavior.  Feeling like I was failing at teaching them manners. Feeling like a bad teacher :-( Each day, I think I spent more time correcting behavior, breaking up fights, calming students down, playing mediator, etc. etc. etc. than I did actually teaching. In the end, I guess I just have to look at it as another year gone by and brush the rest off.  I can only do so much!
Now, I'm home with my babies for 2 months and hope to enjoy every second of it (...as I type this, they are both in their rooms screaming because they need to take a nap and are refusing to do so...ahhh!!! ).  I have a ton that I want to accomplish in my time off, none of which has been started.  The garage desperately needs cleaned, the kitchen/dining/living room need painted along with our bathroom and what will someday be Jack's room. My cabinets need cleaned out and straightened up. Jack's room needs an overhaul. My closet needs cleaned and organized. The basement needs rearranged. And the list goes on....
What I will actually accomplish will probably be just spending lots and lots of time with the little monsters! Jack has grown way too fast and the past 10 months have flown by not to mention that Zoe will be starting pre-K this Fall! My babies are no longer babies and I must eat up every second I have with them this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment