Friday, February 25, 2011

Italian Sausage/Chicken Soup

We had a carry-in at work last week and there was this delicious soup! I was so excited when Sara got the recipe and that it was a super easy one!  I was able to find an Italian Chicken sausage that I used instead of pork and it turned out just fine.  When I figured it on Weight Watchers, i think it was about 8 points per cup.

3/4-1 lb Italian Sausage
1 can beef broth (I ended up using a large carton of it, which I think is 29oz)
1 can Del Monte died tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano
1 can French Style Green Beans
2-3 cups of water
1 package cheese tortellini (refrigerator section)
2 green onions, sliced
Fresh Parmesan cheese

Brown sausage in a pot and drain.  Add next 4 ingredients, bring to a boil, add tortellini.  Cook for 8-10 minutes, then add green onions and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.  Serve with cheese on top.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment