Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lovely Ohio

I have always said that I love living in Ohio and having the 4 seasons. This year isn't any different, but I can definitely say I'm sick of winter! We have used 6 calamity days (we only have 3 this year, unless the new Gov. gets the bill through to give us back 5) and we still have the rest of February and March to go! I'm actually excited about the thought of working 5 full days this week!
Last week, we were part of the massive storm that went across the U.S.  Our storm came in the form of lots of freezing rain, a little bit of snow, and a whole lot of wind! When you live on flat land.....ice and wind don't go well together! We lost our power for about 6 hours, but people in the area were out almost a week! Did I mention that it's cold?!?! 
When Hurricane Ike came through a few years ago, we decided to install a generator backup (Thanks Bob!).  So, even though we were without power, we really didn't notice because we could run the major necessities!
 





This would be the top of the electric meter. 
Wish I would have held a ruler up next to it for the picture!

The back-up...

and our massive generator (no, we didn't use it in the garage)


No comments:

Post a Comment