Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Purple

I've decided that I'm going to attempt to keep up with our lives in words until I can get this computer to let me upload pictures to the blog. I had to share this funny story in hopes that we will never forget it!
Last night, Zoe had gymnastics. Ryan took her in an attempt to help me get some rest (I think he forgot that I would be home with Jack - the monster)! While they were gone, I laid out the kids clothes for today. Zoe usually helps pick out her clothes, but I figured I would make the evening go a little faster by doing it for her. When she got home I told her I had chosen a shirt and a skirt with some tights. I also mentioned that if she wanted something else to wear it was fine.
Fast forward to this morning....
Ryan and Zoe are like two peas in a pod in the mornings and don't always make for the best combination. This morning was one of those mornings! Zoe decided she didn't like what I had laid out for her and wanted to wear something different, all while Ryan was telling her that she was wearing what I had chosen. According to him, she went into her room and picked out a "God awful skirt" and he told her absolutely not. He continued getting himself and Jack ready for the day and left her upstairs. She told him "Mommy will not be happy with you for not letting me wear what I want!" HA!
My mom has been saying she would stop by on the mornings Zoe has school to help do her hair....and just happened to stop in this morning. When she got here, Zoe was dressed - in the outfit I had picked - and mom commented to her how cute she looked. Zoe boldly stated otherwise and proceeded to tell mom that her shirt wasn't "her color purple"! OH MY! Where did I get this sassy little girl who cares about style?!
Once she finally settled in to the fact that she was wearing the outfit that I had laid out, she also wanted to be sure to wear jewelry!
Lord, please help me if this next baby is a girl! Please let her at least like to get a little dirty and watch sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment