Friday, June 11, 2010

Big girl bed!

We have been making the attempt for about 30 minutes now to get Zoe asleep in her new bed. We knew it wouldn't be an easy task since she has been sleeping with us for so long. New room....new bed....new surroundings.....no mommy and daddy snuggling next to her. I laid with her for a bit until I think she finally realized I wasn't going to give in and let her get up, so she asked for daddy to lay with her. I got him and gave him the rundown of what she was going to try to talk him into - which was to either get up or lay in our bed.
He has been with her for about 10 minutes and I don't hear any crying, so hopefully that's a good sign - or maybe it's a sign that daddy fell asleep also.
I worry about her waking up scared and not sure of what to do. She has a rail up on the side of her bed and it only gives her a little space to get out of bed......
And, as I type, Ryan has come creeping down the stairs and said she is still wide awake.....he told her he was going "potty". Poor little lady is scared :(
She was out of control excited when they delivered it and when Mimi was helping her to bring toys up. You would think she would be exhausted!

On another note - I know I have tons of other happenings to update on and I'm hoping to get them posted tonight (or at least ready to be posted through the week)! No promises, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment