Thursday, June 17, 2010

Monster Baby

I went for a check-up on Tuesday and measured right at 29 weeks. The heartbeat was right at 138, which makes the 3rd appointment in a row that it was 138. The doctor had us go for another ultra sound to check the size of the baby. Overall, I have only gained about 3 pounds. The doctor wanted to check to see if the baby was measuring bigger than I was measuring - he was thinking that the baby is just sucking up all the extra weight I should be gaining.
My lovely husband informed me today that he is worried about how big my belly is going to get because (according to him) I look like I'm the size I was when I gave birth to Zoe!
Anyway, it was neat to get to see the baby on the ultrasound today. We only saw Zoe at 20 weeks, which was the same with this one, until today. The baby was head down and active. We got to see some parts that we weren't able to at 20 weeks. No, not those parts, but we once again requested not to see them! :) She was even able to show us a "fuzzy" spot on the head that was hair.
As far as the size, as suspected, the baby is measuring bigger than I am measuring. I am 29 weeks this week. The average baby at 30 weeks weighs 3 pounds. This baby is measuring at 3 pounds 7 oz. We won't know the "official"ness of everything until we go back to see Dr. P in 2 weeks.
So, until then, I just keep feeling huge! :)

This is a profile picture along with some part of its arm.


This one is a picture looking at it's face. We didn't get to see this view the first time because it wouldn't turn. With Zoe, I remember this looking like a little alien. With this one and being so far along, it actually looks like a fat cheeked baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment