Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Little Trooper

On Tuesday, Jack started coughing.  He coughed a little at Donna's...a little more once we got home...and a whole bunch throughout the night. In the middle of the night, I knew that he didn't sound right, but also knew that I was super tired and didn't want to over react.  I talked to Donna this morning and asked her to watch him closely and let me know if she thought I should call the doctor.  Around 1, I got a text from her saying I should probably call the doctor because he was still coughing and was wheezing. I was supposed to go to a workshop after school, which I quickly had to cancel because the doctor's office wanted to see him at 3.
As soon as the nurse heard him cough, she said "Oh, that's a gross cough" and then as soon as she put the stethascope on his back, she said he was wheezing :(
The doctor came in and started asking about his symptoms.  She stopped in the middle of our conversation as soon as she heard him cough and listened to him.  She said the same about him wheezing.  She said "We had our first confirmed case of RSV in the office on Monday and I think we will have our second before you leave."
After a breathing treatment and nasal/sinus swab, her thoughts were confirmed and we left as the second RSV of the week.
He has been quite the trooper though.  He still talks and smiles...until he has a coughing fit.  Hopefully it doesn't last long and he is healthy by next week!






He is loving his thumb lately! I just can't get a picture of it in his mouth though....
Obviously, his eczema isn't getting any better either. We go to the dermatologist next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment