Tuesday, January 18, 2011

R.S.V. takes over!

I posted about Jack being diagnosed with R.S.V. and posted a few pictures of him being a trooper and still smiling. Little did I know that it would be his last smiles for several days! I absolutely hope that we never have to go through that again! I basically slept about 10 hours total in about 5 days.  The only way he was happy was with me sitting on the left side of the couch, him leaning against the arm rest and sitting on my lap with me bouncing him up and down with my legs.  I can't believe I'm going to actually post this picture, but Zoe took it and it's quite the true description of how the 5 days went!


The nights were the worst because he couldn't breathe if you laid him down.  Ryan did help out, but I tried to let him get as much sleep as possible knowing that he had to work the next day.  He even took Monday off to stay home with the kids so that I could try to actually have a full week at work (which didn't happen thanks to a snow day). When we did lay him down, he was in his Boppy in our bed.  I struggled to sleep even then because I was afraid I would go into such a deep sleep that I wouldn't hear him coughing, choking, or vomitting. He is finally on the mend and actually slept, flat, in his bed last night.....a week and a half after he came down with this stuff!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment