Thursday, August 19, 2010

38 Week Update

We have surpassed 37 and on to 38!
First the logistics - We went for the check up on Tuesday. I'm measuring 38 weeks, baby is where it's supposed to be, and I'm still dilated to 3ish cm. Which means, not a lot of progression over the past week.
The doctor knows how miserable I've been with back and pelvic pain and promised at 37weeks that I wouldn't have to go past 39 weeks. I quickly reminded him of this when he told me my "numbers".
After a lot of contemplating (we aren't sure what about) he asked if Thursday, August 26th sounded like a good day. Which of course, fine with us because it gave us a date to look forward to :) I tested positive for Group B Strep, which I guess is common, but this also means that I have to go in for antibiotics before they can induce me. We have it set up to where we will be there next Wednesday night at 11 - the antibiotics have to have 8 hours before they will break my water. So, we will basically be going to the hospital to sleep and then the action begins Thursday morning around 8am. We have really been talking to Zoe about how Valerie will be here for her when we have to go to the hospital, so we though it was important that we kept it that way. Val will be coming Wednesday night and spending the night with Zoe and then dropping her off at Donna's. Zoe is being quite adamant that daddy picks her up from Donna's and taking her to see "her baby". So, hopefully, the baby doesn't take forever and we can make that work!
So, we have a date, and I'm quite excited about that! However, I'm also a little sad. I try extremely hard not to complain because I know that not everyone has the opportunity to carry children..... It makes me sad because we once again will not have the opportunity to go through all of the at home chaos of timing contractions or water breaking or getting stuff together or figuring out whats best to do with Zoe. The nice part is that Ryan is feeling the same way ;-)
Zoe was unexpected when I had her, but I never had contractions with her and the hospital broke my water. This time will be very similar, but we will actually know that we are going to the hospital to stay.
All this being said, the doctor said there is still a good chance that the baby may decide to come on its own before next week....and that makes me nervous :)
Anyway around, I just hope for a speedy delivery and a healthy baby in the end.

I can't wait for my two babies to meet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment