Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chestnut

This morning I told Zoe we would go to a movie (she loved the Marmaduke commercials and it is now at the cheap theater). Ryan convinced me that taking her to a movie probably wasn't a good idea because she doesn't really watch tv and she is hardly ever quiet! After our lazy day, I decided he was right, mainly because I didn't want to drive all the way to the Dayton Mall, and told her we were going to rent a movie about a dog. With my fingers crossed, I went to the Redbox at Walmart in hopes to find a movie with a dog. The first one I saw was called Chestnut. Kids movie, sounded cute, we were in luck.
After dinner and a bath, we all settled in to our bed and put the movie in. Zoe was excited right away because there was a cute little puppy from the start! Without giving away the movie, one of the little girls tells Chestnut to run away. The sisters are then very sad.
Zoe sits up, looks at us, and has the biggest tears in her eyes and is crying because the little girl made the puppy run away. Ryan and I immediately start crying and then had to convince her that it was going to be ok. Then, again without giving it away, Chestnut gets hurt and the family is all crying. Zoe again starts crying and wants to know why everyone is sad. I had to tell her it was because they were happy to have Chestnut back.............
Anyway, in the end, everyone was happy and Zoe put a smile on her face!
Who knew that a 2 1/2 year old would be so emotional over a movie?!?! Guess I will have to pay extra close attention to the movie description the next time I rent and make sure there is no reason for us to cry!
**Just as a side note, I'm so glad I didn't decide to take her to a movie - the entire time, she kept asking "Where's Chestnut? Where's their mommy? Where's their daddy? Where's Chestnut? Why do they have tears?" and on and on and on**

No comments:

Post a Comment