Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby Update - 36 weeks

So, for about a month or so, I have dreamed that I was having a baby elephant. Well, this week, the baby morphed into a manatee. I haven't actually had any "birthing" dreams of manatees, but every dream has had at least 1 manatee in it, even if the manatee was on land and walking around with me. I need to add though that I have read it is common to dream about large animals. :)
We went for the 36 week check up today. My weight has stayed the same. Overall, I have only gained 9 pounds, but that's not a big deal since I had a little extra to start with ;-) My blood pressure was also fine. The baby's heart rate has consistently been 139....whatever you think that means! Two weeks ago, I was about 2cm dilated, last week was a good 2cm dilated, and today was a definite 3cm! YIKES! I broke the cycle of pregnant ladies in the office today because he had told almost everyone else to the hospital....
When he asked how I was doing, I told him I was hoping I would continue the trend, but that he would probably just say "see you next week". He just laughed! After checking me, he said "see you in a week" followed by "the baby could be here any time though."
So, since I've been home, I've had several contractions, but none worth timing. For now, we will just keep relaxing and waiting......with high anticipation and even higher anxiety!

This picture was taken on Saturday - a few days shy of 36 weeks, but it gives you the full torpedo effect! Thank goodness it's summer time and I can wear my hubby's clothes :)

2 comments:

  1. Seriouly, I don't think that belly could be any cuter! Definitely a 'baby boy' belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seriously looks like I swallowed a basketball!

    ReplyDelete