Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bored and Uncomfortable!

Bored and uncomfortable.....that's the way to describe how I'm spending my days. Along with Anxious, excited, nervous, uneasy, restless, eager, enthusiastic, scared, ready, impatient, agitated, calm, peaceful, fidgety, edgy, busy, active - it just depends on what minute of the day you ask me!
This pregnancy has been so different from Zoe in so many ways, but also the same in so many ways. I have noticed that I have been much more "grouchy" this time around and really have no patience for anything or anyone. I have said that I have lost the filter for my mouth and whatever I think comes right out. So, instead of saying mean things to people who aggitate me, I just try to stay quiet, which in turn makes me grouchy.
I am carrying this baby completely different than Zoe. She was completely in my hips and tush, but this baby is ALL belly. I can still get my regular pants on, I just can't snap them because of this basketball that I'm carrying around. With Zoe, I wouldn't have attempted to put on my regular pants!
I had a ton of heartburn with Zoe, hardly any with this one. Zoe had tons of hair and we have been told in the past couple of ultrasounds that this one also has hair (there goes that myth!).
When I got to 36 weeks with Zoe, I felt like I was walking like I just got off a horse and that she was ready to fall out. This one I just have TONS of back and pelvic pressure - I now know why some women waddle!
Zoe had a name at 3 months and we didn't have a boys name picked until I was pushing. This time around, we didn't really know until last night. We finally said, "ok, let's finalize the names!" :) We have a name for each and no, I'm not telling. You will know soon enough!
With Zoe, I had a real nesting instinct just the night before we went to the hospital. This time, I have been nesting from the day school got out. I only have 2 closets left in my house to clean and some little things for work to do that I'm saving so that I have something left to do over the next 3 months. Our bags are packed, baby's bag is packed, toiletries are pretty much packed, and the delivery room bag is packed. My house is cleaned up. Laundry pretty much done. Nothing left to nest about!
The past few days I have been extremely uncomfortable and have seriously thought about going to the hospital to just be checked. I don't think I'm in labor, but the doctor said that if I dilated to a certain point, he would go ahead and have them break my water... Am I at that point, who knows!!!! He also said that he notices the most women go into labor when there is a change in pressure - guess what came through last night! Storms! Probably just wishful thinking and the manatee will keep swimming another couple of weeks! :)
Now that I've rambled on and on, I better go take a shower so that if it does come today, they don't think I'm some stinky person off the street who never showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment